Walktober encourages participants to get active by moving more each day during the month of October. The challenge captures activity minutes each day.
Both synced data from other apps, and data manually input on the Log are included.Participants are asked to consider adding variety to daily walks. Towns and cities offer interesting walks, including parks, heritage trails, canal towpaths, riverside paths, commons, woodlands, heaths and nature reserves.
We publicise useful contacts/links and guidance during the programme:
- For inspiring walks, visit Walk Unlimited.
- For wheelchair users, visit Walks with Wheelchairs,
- Parents with buggies, visit Walks with Buggies.
- Ramblers organises group walks for health, leisure and as a means of getting around for people of all ages, backgrounds and levels of fitness. Its website has details of many locally organised walks in towns and cities, as well as the countryside.
- The UK’s 15 National Parks run free guided walks for the whole family during the holidays.
Health coaches provide guidance and information.This challenge is great as a fundraiser and is ideal for schools, businesses, societies and groups of all sizes.
If you are already running a Walktober challenge – why not partner with us?